posted: September 16th, 2013
A couple of videos showing some aspects of Tender Library are available on YouTube:
- brief video showing the search facility
- video showing how to upload documents and extracts.
If you want a ‘live’ demo – where we share our screen and take you through step by step, please contact us on 0845 862 0154 to arrange.
posted: September 5th, 2013
Over the last few weeks & months we’ve been designing, developing and tweaking the Thornton & Lowe Tender Library. We work on a massive amount of projects and needed a tool to help us manage information we hold on our clients. This need put us on to the road to our Tender Library – and (without sounding too biased) is incredibly useful!
Plus – it works so well, we can now offer it to our clients (some who have already found it to be extremely useful and an information management tool).
Contact us on 0845 862 0154 to arrange a demo.
posted: July 12th, 2013
After several years of trying to find a meaningful bid management tool that supported our in-house team we decided to develop our own solution. Since then Thornton & Lowe Tender Library has proven to be a significant success not only for us but more importantly for our clients. We developed a system that can be systemically tailored around client specific requirements. We understand how long it takes to develop good systems and how you often need software to support them, not change them. Its base components provide the following:
• Bid/no bid
• Deadline focused bid and task management
• Performance and feedback monitoring
• Previous responses and entire bids a click away
• Repository system.
This ensures your bid function continuity, security and efficiency.
posted: June 27th, 2013
Our current Tender Library has been very successful and its main features have been the previous bid search function and feedback repository. We are now in the final testing stage before releasing further developments on this software to include what will be a Bid Management Tool. This will:
- monitor performance
- have a bid/no bid solution
- have a task manager
- link to emails so tasks can be sent out tasks and loads of amazing stuff like that!
posted: June 20th, 2013
Our clients have fed back that using Tender Library to store all their tender information, being able to access content quickly and easily using the search facility, has contributed to an improvement in their tender success rates. Contact us on 0845 8620154 to discuss how Tender Library could help improve your tender success rate too.
posted: June 5th, 2013
When using Tender Library, a useful tip we give our clients is to establish timescales for:
- uploading documents and extracts to the system, eg within x working days of completion of the tender
- deleting outdated tenders from the system, eg case studies should usually be within the last 3 years.
It is important for all staff to be aware of these timescales to ensure:
- staff uploading documents and extracts to the system understand why it is important to do so within the timescales
- staff accessing the information know that it is up-to-date, rather than having to sift through ‘old’ information or not knowing if the most current tenders have been uploaded.
All this benefits the continuous improvement process for your tender submissions.
posted: May 27th, 2013
We now have the facility to customise your Tender Library to include a bid/no bid solution.
For example, this could be a detailed three gated system where selected team managers will have to complete a risk/opportunity assessment for each tender. So, a collaborative process which produces an average Bid/No Bid score.
This would ensure time is not spent on tenders the company would not authorise – saving valuable time and resources.
posted: May 21st, 2013
We are currently upgrading Tender Library and are quite excited about the improvements being made. The system will then include:
- a dashboard to quickly see all bids, deadlines etc
- a task manager – so a bid can be project managed through the system
- a supporting documents section – so supporting docs can be linked to extracts.
We will also be improving the search function. Existing clients get a free Tender Library upgrade.
posted: May 14th, 2013
Tender Library can be set to different font sizes to cater for those with a visual impairment. Although settings can be changed on individual computers, being able to change the font size on Tender Library using a simple click of the mouse can assist.
posted: May 8th, 2013
Our clients like the fact that they can set authorisation levels for different users on the system. So some can simply view the information while others can input data and a few can delete extracts and documents. All this is fully auditable with search, extract, document and deletion logs available to track who has done what and when.